Want to build a PC? Don't know where to begin? Frightened that you are going to buy parts and find that they don't fit together?
Let "Build the Ultimate Custom PC" (Wiley, 2005) help take you through the PC building process, starting with safety, then going on to look at the parts you need and the best places to buy them before then going on to look at the building and testing process, after which you will have a custom PC, built to your own specification and suited to your needs and budget.
Why buy the book? We can think of six good reasons:
- Industry-standard knowledge made digestible for the home PC builder
- Clear, no-nonsense instructions - The reader is never left floundering at any stage
- Safety first – no short-cuts when it comes to the safety of the reader or components (we don't like to lose readers!)
- Detailed close-up photography and an 8 page four color insert!
- Extensive troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures listed
- Industry "secrets" and "how the pros do it" - tips, tricks, modifications, tweaks, and advice
Table of Contents
- PART I: CHOOSING COMPONENTS FOR YOUR PC.
- Staying Safe.
- Choosing the Tools You Need.
- Choosing a Suitable Case and Power Supply.
- Choosing a CPU and Motherboard.
- Choosing the Right RAM.
- Choosing Hard Drives and Floppy Drives.
- Choosing CD/DVD Drives.
- Choosing Video Adapters and Monitors.
- Choosing Sound Capability.
- A Tour of Cables and Fittings.
- Checking and Testing Components.
- PART II: BUILDING YOUR PC.
- Top 10 Things You Don't Want to Forget Before You Begin the Build.
- Assembling the Case and Fitting the PSU.
- Fitting the Basic Parts.
- Adding Storage.
- PART III: STARTING AND TESTING YOUR PC.
- Fire Up and Burn In.
- Final Tweaks and Installing Windows XP.
- Check and Test, Check and Test Again!
- Everything You Need to Know About Warranties and Beyond.
- PART IV: APPENDICES.
- Appendix A: Useful Websites.
- Appendix B: Checklist.
- Appendix C : Hardware Manufacturers.
- Appendix D: Glossary.
PLUS! - Eight page color insert!
Published by Wiley.
>>>Meet Adrian (The PC Doctor) in person at Barnes and Noble University's online class, "Caring for your PC"!